Recipe by littleturtle
Pretty springtime dessert from the Magic of Jell-O. Chill overnight.
Top Review by BecR
Littleturtle, this was a most unusual dessert. Not too sweet, and nice and light. I did use sugar free products. I served these in champagne glasses, topped with finely minced lemon zest. Next time, I will cut down on the nutmeg just a tad (personal preference). Thanks for the recipe.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 10 lemons, tops and fruit removed,shells scraped clean (serving dish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Stir in cold water, and cool to room temperature.
- In another bowl, mix pudding with milk, and whisk for 30 seconds.
- Immediately stir into cooled jell-o until smooth, and stir in nutneg.
- Refrigerate about 1 1/2 hours or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in whipped topping and whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into 10 dessert dishes or lemon shells.
- Refrigerate overnight, and garnish with additional nutmeg if desired.