Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A very quick and easy entree that is also very elegant!
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Mix flour, salt and pepper.
- Coat chicken.
- Heat butter in skillet.
- Cook chicken for about 8 minutes per side, until browned and juices run clear.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms to skillet; saute until lightly browned.
- Add broth; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add cream and lemon juice; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Return chicken; heat through.
Definitely comfort food. The lemon is very subtle.
Great dish for weeknight cooking - quick and easy and really yummy. Served with parmesan noodles and french green beans seasoned with greek seasoning. Thanks for posting!
This was an easy meal on a weeknight. The family didn't really enjoy it though, so it won't be making the rotation. Thanks for an easy recipe though!