Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This bakes out to the perfect texture, and is light as a cloud, I have made this using a vanilla cookie crumb crust also. Although I have not tried it as yet, but I am thinking this might be good using oranges too. This needs to chill for about 5 hours before serving, so plan ahead. I always add in some white sugar to the cream cheese mixture for a sweeter taste, but that is optional.
- 2 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon zest (you can use more or less)
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice (I use 1/4 cup fresh and 1/4 cup bottled)
- 2 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
- Set oven to 325°F.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Butter an 11 x 7-inch baking pan (can also be made in an 13 x 9-inch pan).
- In a small bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs, pecans, sugar, melted butter and cinnamon (if using) mix well to combine (you may use just a regular graham cracker crust or a vanilla wafer crust for this).
- Set aside about 1/2 cup of crumbs for topping.
- Press the remaining crumbs lightly into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 6 minutes.
- Remove and cool on wire rack.
- With an electric mixer beat cream cheese in a large bowl until fluffy (about 3 minutes) then add in yellow food colouring (if using).
- Add in sweetened condensed milk and sour cream.
- Add in eggs; beat until just combined.
- Add in lemon juice and zest.
- Spoon the mixture into crust.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until set (it really should not take much more than 30 minutes to bake).
- Cool on wire rack for 1 hour.
- Chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 5 hours before serving.