This bakes out to the perfect texture, and is light as a cloud, I have made this using a vanilla cookie crumb crust also. Although I have not tried it as yet, but I am thinking this might be good using oranges too. This needs to chill for about 5 hours before serving, so plan ahead. I always add in some white sugar to the cream cheese mixture for a sweeter taste, but that is optional.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 cup melted butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon zest (you can use more or less)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (I use 1/4 cup fresh and 1/4 cup bottled)
- 2 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
- 1Set oven to 325°F.
- 2Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- 3Butter an 11 x 7-inch baking pan (can also be made in an 13 x 9-inch pan).
- 4In a small bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs, pecans, sugar, melted butter and cinnamon (if using) mix well to combine (you may use just a regular graham cracker crust or a vanilla wafer crust for this).
- 5Set aside about 1/2 cup of crumbs for topping.
- 6Press the remaining crumbs lightly into prepared baking dish.
- 7Bake for 6 minutes.
- 8Remove and cool on wire rack.
- 9With an electric mixer beat cream cheese in a large bowl until fluffy (about 3 minutes) then add in yellow food colouring (if using).
- 10Add in sweetened condensed milk and sour cream.
- 11Add in eggs; beat until just combined.
- 12Add in lemon juice and zest.
- 13Spoon the mixture into crust.
- 14Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- 15Bake for about 30 minutes, or until set (it really should not take much more than 30 minutes to bake).
- 16Cool on wire rack for 1 hour.
- 17Chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 5 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Lemon Cheesecake Bars
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 679.3
- Calories from Fat 407
- Total Fat 45.2 g
- Saturated Fat 23.7 g
- Cholesterol 163.8 mg
- Sodium 501.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 46.4 g
- Protein 11.5 g