Redneck Epicurean's Note:
When I saw these on the Splenda mailer I get in my email, I had to save it. These remind me SO much of a lemon pie. Not a chiffon fluffy lemon pie, but the ones that kinda resemble jello. Those are my favorite kind of lemon pie. I cannot wait to try them! Diabetic exchange info: serving size: 1 2x2 square (yeah, right!), 11 g. carbohydrates, 110 calories, 0 g sugar,exchange is 1 starch 1 fat. Sounds like a winner to me!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Splenda granular
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1Crust: Preheat the oven to 350°F Lightly spray an 8-x-8-inch baking pan.
- 2Combine flour, Splenda Granular, and salt in food processor bowl. Pulse 2 to 3 times.
- 3Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 4Press mixture into the and bake 20 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
- 5While the crust is in the oven, whisk together eggs and half-and-half in a medium bowl.
- 6Gradually whisk in the Splenda and flour. Whisk in lemon peel and lemon juice.
- 7Pour over hot crust and bake 15 minutes or until center is set and edges are lightly browned.
- 8Cool completely in pan on a wire rack; dust with powdered sugar, if desired. Cut into 2-inch squares, or whatever size you wish.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Lemon Bars
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.3
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 67.1 mg
- Sodium 69.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: