Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
When I saw these on the Splenda mailer I get in my email, I had to save it. These remind me SO much of a lemon pie. Not a chiffon fluffy lemon pie, but the ones that kinda resemble jello. Those are my favorite kind of lemon pie. I cannot wait to try them! Diabetic exchange info: serving size: 1 2x2 square (yeah, right!), 11 g. carbohydrates, 110 calories, 0 g sugar,exchange is 1 starch 1 fat. Sounds like a winner to me!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Splenda granular
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 1⁄4 cups Splenda granular
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon peel
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- Crust: Preheat the oven to 350°F Lightly spray an 8-x-8-inch baking pan.
- Combine flour, Splenda Granular, and salt in food processor bowl. Pulse 2 to 3 times.
- Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Press mixture into the and bake 20 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
- While the crust is in the oven, whisk together eggs and half-and-half in a medium bowl.
- Gradually whisk in the Splenda and flour. Whisk in lemon peel and lemon juice.
- Pour over hot crust and bake 15 minutes or until center is set and edges are lightly browned.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack; dust with powdered sugar, if desired. Cut into 2-inch squares, or whatever size you wish.
Made these at the request of my brother. They were okay for sugar free, no aftertastes or anything. The crust needed to have been a little sweeter for my taste. Not my favorite but pretty good.