Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Saw the recipe on a calendar, and thought I would post it.
Make and share this Creamy Lemon Asparagus Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups rice, uncooked
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese spread
- 2 tablespoons lemon peel, grated (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice (to taste)
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 2 minute or until tender.
- Stir in rice, asparagus and broth. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minute.
- Add cream cheese spread, lemon peel and juice; stir until well blended.
The dish had a bland taste, like it was missing that special "something" to give it a kick.