1/1 Photo of Creamy Leek Risotto
Some think that Risotto is just too much trouble, but when you have guests that are in the kitchen drinking wine, and keeping you company it really isn't that bad. This is my stand-by risotto, we usually serve with fresh grilled steelhead. I got this from my friend Stephanie don't know where she got it from.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 -3 leeks, white part and a little green chopped
- 1/2 cup light cream (or dairy substitute)
- salt and pepper
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1Put chicken broth in sauce pan and bring to a slow simmer.
- 2In thick bottomed 2 quart pan melt 1 tablespoons butter, saute chopped leeks, till softened.
- 3Add 1/2 cup light cream. (I use goat milk)
- 4salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Continue cooking until most of the liquid is gone. Set aside.
- 6In another pan or the same one that has been cleaned, add 2 tablespoons butter and 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- 7Saute the minced onions, when softened, add the Arborio rice, stir until the grains turn opaque.
- 8Add the dry white wine, stir until no liquid is left.
- 9Add broth to rice 1/2 cup at a time stirring until incorparated.
- 105 minutes before finished add the leeks and the Parmesan cheese.
- 11Continue cooking until thickened to desired level, stirring constantly.
- 12Garnish with parsley or stir in before serving.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Leek Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.4
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 25.0 mg
- Sodium 580.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 8.0 g