Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A tasty snack/starter from the Philadelphia website
- 25 g butter
- 1 large leek, sliced
- 100 g cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- black pepper, to taste
- 6 sheets phyllo pastry
- olive oil, for brushing
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Grease a large baking tray.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and fry the leek until soft then beat in the cheese until thoroughly mixed. Season with pepper and nutmeg.
- Brush 1 sheet of phyllo pastry with olive oil and fold in half lengthways.
- Place 1/6th of the filling mixture at the bottom of the strip of pastry.
- Fold over in a triangle shape. Continue folding, keeping the triangle shape, until you reach the end of the strip of pastry.
- Make sure the filling is completely enclosed.
- Place on the baking tray and brush with oil. Repeat this for the remaining pastry.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes until crisp and slightly browned. Cool slightly before serving.