1/1 Photo of Creamy Leek, Mushroom & Baby Pea Pies
The creamy leek and mushroom filling of these single-serve "pies" goes well with the oven-crisped mountain bread topping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 200C (180C fan forced).
- 2In a large saucepan, heat oil, then add garlic and leek. Cook until leek softens, stirring often. Add mushrooms, cook until mushrooms soften, stirring often.
- 3Remove pan from heat, sprinkle flour evenly over and stir to distribute through mixture. Return to heat for 1 minute. Gradually add milk and stock while stirring, then cook until liquid parts of mixture thicken.
- 4Add peas, chives and mustard. Cook another 2 minutes or until peas thaw.
- 5Line the bottom of 4-5 ramekins (1-1.5 cup capacity is ideal) with a sheet of mountain bread. The sheet will pleat as you press it into the dish, allowing the sides to come up and form a cup. Distribute the leek, mushroom and pea mixture evenly among dishes, up to the top.
- 6Top each dish with additional mountain bread, torn into small pieces to form the "lid". Spray mountain bread lightly with oil and place ramekins on a baking tray.
- 7Bake for 10 minutes, uncovered, until mountain bread is brown and crisp. Serve.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Leek, Mushroom & Baby Pea Pies
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.7
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 42.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coarse grain mustard
low-fat cooking spray