Great soup to start a meal with, or as a stand alone meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a heavy saucepan, heat oil; cook leeks and onions until soft.
- 2Add stock and turnip.
- 3Simmer until turnip is tender.
- 4Blend until smooth in food processor or blender.
- 5Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Add cream
- 7Heat gently 5 to 10 minutes.
- 8Garnish each serving with freshly grated apple and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Leek and Turnip Soup
Serving Size: 1 (1336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.4
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 36.0 mg
- Sodium 263.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 5.7 g