Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Few ingredients but they combine for a rich layered potato dish that is a great accompaniment to any main course. I made this last night improvising with what I had on hand & the result was awesome. The trick is slicing the potatoes very thin using a mandolin.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Butter bottom & sides of a 9" pan.
- Thinly slice potatoes in rounds using mandolin.
- One layer at a time, start layering pie working from outside ring to center, slightly overlapping potato slices.
- Season each layer with salt & pepper, chives, parmesan cheese & a sprinkling of small pieces of butter.
- Repeat layering, top layer should also have chives, salt & pepper, parmesan & butter.
- Pour cream or half & half over top of pie reaching up about 2/3 way up dish.
- Bake in oven for about 35 minutes or until bubbly & nicely browned & a knife goes through the potato layers with no resistance.