Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sounds so delicious for all you lavender lovers out there. A Simon Rimmer recipe, he recommends serving with a black pudding, new potato and asparagus salad/starter.
- 4 large egg yolks
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 600 ml olive oil
- 200 ml white wine vinegar
- 3 lemons, juice of
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried lavender
- salt and pepper
- beat the egg yolks in a blender.
- add the sugar, seasoning and mustard and combine.
- with the blender on, slowly add the oil and with motor still running add the vinegar.
- finally add lemon juice and chopped lavender.
- this dressing should be pourable not too thick.
- pour over whatever salad you choose and decorate with dried lavender seeds.