Recipe by internetnut
I found this recipe in a magazine. I have not tried this just posting for safe keeping.
- 1 ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 16 ounces tomatoes, cut up
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 12 ounces kraft part skim mozzarella cheese slices
- 1⁄2 cup Kraft® Grated Parmesan Cheese (2oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat and drain. Add onion; cook until tender. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, water, garlic and seasonings. Cover; simmer 30 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese and milk in a saucepan; stir over low heat until smooth. In 13x9"-inch layer half of noodles, meat mixture, cream cheese sauce, mozzarella and parmesan cheese; repeat layers. Bake at 350, 30 minutes. Let stand before serving.
- Microwave Directions: Place ground beef in a microwave safe dish. Microwave on HIGH until meat loses pink color when stirred; drain. Add onion, tomatoes, tomato paste, water and seasonings. Cover; microwave 12 minutes, Then microwave cream cheese and milk in 1-quart measure until hot and smooth, stirring after 1 1/2 minutes. In a casserole dish layer half of noodles, meat mixture, cream cheese mixture, parmesan cheese; repeat with remaining noodles, meat and cheese sauce. Microwave 12 minutes, turning dish every 2 minutes. The last 2 minutes top with mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.