Recipe by Melanie Murray
This is delicious. If you like casseroles, this is for you.
Top Review by Jellyqueen
Great recipe. DH loved this. I have been looking for a recipe for lasagna that didn't use cottage cheese or ricotta cheese. DH just doesn't like the texture of these cheese, I think it is a mind thing. He loved this made with the cream cheese and sour cream. I only wanted the one casserole, so I halved the recipe and it worked just fine. Thanks for the great recipe.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided (8 oz)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 12 -14 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch Oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Add the tomato sauce, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sour cream, 1 cup cheddar cheese, and onions, mixing well.
- Spread about 1/2 cup meat sauce into two greased 8 inch square baking dishes.
- Place 2 to 3 noodles in each dish, trimming to fit if necessary.
- Top each with about 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture and about 2/3 cup meat sauce.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheddar cheese over each.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 1 month.
- Bake remaining casserole, uncovered at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until bubbly and heated through.