Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is delicious. If you like casseroles, this is for you.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided (8 oz)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 12 -14 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- In a Dutch Oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Add the tomato sauce, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sour cream, 1 cup cheddar cheese, and onions, mixing well.
- Spread about 1/2 cup meat sauce into two greased 8 inch square baking dishes.
- Place 2 to 3 noodles in each dish, trimming to fit if necessary.
- Top each with about 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture and about 2/3 cup meat sauce.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheddar cheese over each.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 1 month.
- Bake remaining casserole, uncovered at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until bubbly and heated through.
Great recipe. DH loved this. I have been looking for a recipe for lasagna that didn't use cottage cheese or ricotta cheese. DH just doesn't like the texture of these cheese, I think it is a mind thing. He loved this made with the cream cheese and sour cream. I only wanted the one casserole, so I halved the recipe and it worked just fine. Thanks for the great recipe.
This was a delicious recipe! I really enjoyed this. I did do a couple things differently, but nothing major - I sauteed fresh garlic with the beef instead of using garlic powder. I used roasted garlic tomato sauce and put in a generous sprinkling of cayenne, cause i like a bit of heat. Since I didn't have green onions, I was going to use fresh chives, but decided to use some dried Italian seasoning in the cheese mixture instead. I also sprinkled some on top for presentation. It was great! I didn't want to stop eating it!I could taste the cream cheese slightly in there, but it wasn't overpowering - I will definitely make this one again! Thanks so much for sharing!