1/1 Photo of Creamy Kosher Parve Potato Soup
another family favorite for our Kosher-Gluten free meals
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 large potatoes (you may use sweet potatoes instead)
- 5 medium leeks
- 1 tablespoon consomme, Osem Chicken Style Instant Soup and Seasoning Mix
- 2 cups water (use rice milk for creamier soup)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (use coconut oil if using sweet potatoes)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper, fresh ground
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (may substitute garlic powder or minced garlic from a jar)
- 1Peel and cube potatoes, and chop leeks and set aside.
- 2Heat olive oil in a large stock pot. Once it begins to heat up, add leeks; Sauté until the leeks soften up – 3-5 minutes.
- 3Add potato, and chicken seasoning/water; Depending on the size of your potatoes, you may need more broth than called for – just make sure that the vegetables are covered by about 3/4-1 inch of broth.
- 4Bring to boil. Then, drop heat to low or medium-low and simmer (uncovered) around 30 minutes, until both the leek and the potatoes are soft and tender.
- 5Add soup to blender [I use my Ninja!] with a ladle, making sure to evenly distribute enough liquid to help blend your vegetables well. The amount of broth you add will determine the thickness of your soup. You may wish to keep some of the vegetables aside if you prefer some chunks in your soup.
- 6Puree soup until smooth, and serve immediately.
- 7OPTIONS: • Add soy-based imitation bacon bits. -- Kosher of course! • Add Kosher cheddar cheese [NO LONGER PARVE]. • Use chives instead of onion or leeks. • Leave skin on potatoes but wash thoroughly instead.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Kosher Parve Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.9
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 475.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 5.6 g