Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
another family favorite for our Kosher-Gluten free meals
Make and share this Creamy Kosher Parve Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 5 large potatoes (you may use sweet potatoes instead)
- 5 medium leeks
- 1 tablespoon consomme, Osem Chicken Style Instant Soup and Seasoning Mix
- 2 cups water (use rice milk for creamier soup)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (use coconut oil if using sweet potatoes)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper, fresh ground
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (may substitute garlic powder or minced garlic from a jar)
- Peel and cube potatoes, and chop leeks and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot. Once it begins to heat up, add leeks; Sauté until the leeks soften up – 3-5 minutes.
- Add potato, and chicken seasoning/water; Depending on the size of your potatoes, you may need more broth than called for – just make sure that the vegetables are covered by about 3/4-1 inch of broth.
- Bring to boil. Then, drop heat to low or medium-low and simmer (uncovered) around 30 minutes, until both the leek and the potatoes are soft and tender.
- Add soup to blender [I use my Ninja!] with a ladle, making sure to evenly distribute enough liquid to help blend your vegetables well. The amount of broth you add will determine the thickness of your soup. You may wish to keep some of the vegetables aside if you prefer some chunks in your soup.
- Puree soup until smooth, and serve immediately.
- OPTIONS: • Add soy-based imitation bacon bits. -- Kosher of course! • Add Kosher cheddar cheese [NO LONGER PARVE]. • Use chives instead of onion or leeks. • Leave skin on potatoes but wash thoroughly instead.