Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
An AMAZING kale recipe from Real Simple. Also easy to make vegan by substituting vegan cream cheese, sour cream, and butter! I didn't have bread on hand so I used crumbled crackers on top and omitted the butter.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium bunch kale, thick stems removed and leaves torn into bite-size pieces (about 10 cups)
- 1 shallot, sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup coarse fresh breadcrumb
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut up
- Heat oven to 375°F Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the kale and shallot, season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper, and cook, tossing occasionally, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Mix in the cream cheese and sour cream. Transfer to a shallow baking dish, top with the bread crumbs and butter, and bake until golden, 5 to 7 minutes.