Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
If you like kale and you like mushrooms, you're going to like this super-creamy, dairy-free, gluten-free soup! I wasn't so sure about this experiment, at first, because it smelled a little too "kaley" but I loved it and will make it again. *This recipe is intended for a Vitamix but can be blended in a regular blender, then transferred to a pot for cooking, or simmered in a pot first then blended.
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can mushrooms (drain about 1/2 of the liquid)
- 1 tablespoon cooking sherry
- 1 cup kale (baby or chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted cashews
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom (cooked)
- Put all of the ingredients, except for the Shitake Mushrooms, into your Vitamix and crank it to high for 5-6 minutes. Once the broth is steamy, turn your vitamix down to 5 and add the Shitake Mushrooms. Chop them lightly, then serve.