Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is so light and refreshing, wonderful to serve at a barbecue get together. Plan ahead this needs to be refigerated until firm. Double or triple recipe to serve a crowd. This is very good! Prep time includes chilling
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 -2 teaspoon grated onion
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (Hellman's is best for this)
- 2 cups diced cucumbers
- Dissolve jello and salt in boiling.
- Add in vinegar and onion; chill until partially set.
- Transfer mixture to a fancy glass serving bowl or dish.
- In a small bowl whisk together sour cream and mayo; add to the partially chilled jello mixture; mix to combine.
- Fold in chopped cucumbers.
- Chill until firm (about 3-4 hours).