1/1 Photo of Creamy Jalapeno Sauce
Tia Mouse's Note:
This not so healthy, but oh so good, sauce is great with almost anything! Especially good with fried foods, but also works with tortilla chips (hmmmm... those are fried, too, huh?) and vegetables. It has a kick, but you could omit one of the jalapenos to tone it down.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 jalapenos, minced (from a jar, not fresh)
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno juice
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1 ounce monterey jack cheese, shredded (light, if desired)
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese, shredded (light, if desired)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1In a heavy saucepan on high heat, bring cream to the boil.
- 2Just as it is ready to boil, stir in sour cream until completely blended.
- 3Reduce heat and add chicken and jalapeno juice.
- 4Simmer until heated thoroughly.
- 5Meanwhile, in another pan, melt butter and add flour to create a roux/paste.
- 6Whisk paste until it browns SLIGHTLY.
- 7Add paste to cream pot just before it boils up.
- 8Whisk continuously until paste dissolves into cream.
- 9Remove from stove and add cheese and chopped jalepenos.
- 10Serve/Use immediately.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Jalapeno Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (833 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 745.3
- Calories from Fat 670
- Total Fat 74.5 g
- Saturated Fat 46.5 g
- Cholesterol 261.6 mg
- Sodium 220.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: