Recipe by BrendaM
Easy stove top supper dish. I use Half the Fat soup for this.
Top Review by mums the word
At long last, your recipe has been reviewed! This was simple to prepare and everyone loved it. I made just as written but added some garlic powder since we love garlic. For the cheese, I used half cheddar and half swiss. I hope others will try this as they won't be disappointed. Thx Brenda, I am adding this to my list of favourites. I will post the photos shortly.
- 2 cups rotini pasta (or other bite-size pasta)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 3 cups mixed vegetables, cooked or frozen
- 2 cups shredded cheese, any variety
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rotini according to package directions, without salt.
- Drain; set aside Heat oil at medium-high in a large skillet.
- Add chicken and stir fry until browned on all sides.
- Set chicken aside.
- Add onion to skillet and stir fry until tender.
- Stir in mixture of soup, milk and oregano.
- Add vegetables; heat to a boil, stirring often.
- Return chicken to skillet; reduce heat to low.
- Simmer (covered) until chicken is cooked through- about 5 minutes, stirring ocasionally.
- Stir in pasta and cheese, heat through.