In Italy, turkey is often prepared as you would with a chicken breast fillet. Since it's so low in fat, it dries out very quickly. This fast cooking method and creamy sauce produces a nice and easy little dinner. Come to think of it, bet the sauce would be nice on left-over roast turkey. Can't remember where this came from, so let's pretend I made it up. Update 4/14/10: Just made the sauce with low-fat cream cheese and it was every bit as good as with regular, so I'm changing the recipe. Who needs the extra calories? I recommend doubling the sauce, at least the cream cheese and milk. And it's lovely on chicken fillets as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Saute each turkey fillet BRIEFLY on each side until just cooked through.
- 3Cooking time should be under 2 min per side, depending on the size of fillet.
- 4As each fillet is ready, remove to a service plate, cover & keep warm.
- 5Add mushrooms & scallion to pan.
- 6Saute, stirring, for 2-3 minute until mushrooms are golden.
- 7Add cream cheese & milk, stirring until creamy & heated through.
- 8Season with seasoned salt to taste & spoon over fillets.
Browse Our Top Turkey Breasts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Turkey Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Italian Turkey Fillets With Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.7
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 92.4 mg
- Sodium 177.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 32.9 g