Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I first had this delicious pudding at my sister-in-law's and had to have the recipe. I think it is the best rice pudding going...the lemon zest adds life and lightness...
- 2⁄3 cup arborio rice
- 4 cups whole milk, scalded
- 8 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 grated lemon, zest of
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Mix together rice, milk, sugar, butter and lemon zest and pour into a greased 4 quart casserole dish.
- Bake for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Serve warm and creamy.