Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Creamy...cheesy...yummy...goodness! Easy stove top Italian pasta dish. Would be great with olives or corn added as well. We've made it with Italian sausage as well.
- 16 ounces pasta (fusilli, medium shells, elbow mac, etc)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 26 ounces pasta sauce
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Boil pasta as directed on package and drain.
- Meanwhile, brown meat with garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- Mix all very well (except mozarella) in pasta pot (or larger pot) over low heat until cream cheese melts.
- Top evenly with mozarella.
- Cover and let sit on low for about 15 min, or until mozarella melted.
This tasted like Hamburger Helper to me...I ended up adding more seasoning and more cheese, but it didn't help the bland flavor. Wish I had liked it - it was an easy, large meal to make!
Oh my goodness, F - 16 momma! THIS WAS DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!! I used ground turkey instead of beef and added in some minced onions when browning the meat and followed the rest exactly. This was VERY rich, creamy, and FILLING! Next time I might experiment with whole wheat pasta and light cream cheese....or maybe not - this was awesome as is! :) Thank you for the wonderful recipe!!