Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This was adapted from the Fix-It-And-Forget-It Cookbook. It was quick, easy, and the leftovers were as good as the first time around! DH insisted that it be listed as a favorite.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 envelope dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Combine salad dressing mix and chicken broth.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 3 hours.
- Add fresh mushrooms on top of chicken.
- Mix cream cheese and soup until well blended.
- Pour over chicken and mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on low for 1 hour or until chicken juices run clear.
- Remove chicken and stir remaining ingredients well in the crockpot.
- This will yield a very tasty"gravy" for over the chicken and it's accompanying side.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
I specifically looked up this recipe as I had lost the one I had received from a friend. It is one of our favorites. SO EASY and great for guests too! You can let it cook longer than 3 hours if needed. I just use whatever "cream of" I have on hand. The Italian salad dressing packets that I use are just the Good Seasons ones. It got a little soupy last night so I would prob. reduce the broth next time. Also, I've made w/o mushrooms, or used canned and I don't bother to slice the fresh ones as it is easier for me to pick them out and pass to my husband when they are whole! Also, this is great w/steamed broccoli or asparagus on the side and pour the sauce over all. Yum.