1/5 Photos of Creamy Italian Chicken Puff Pie
1 hr 30 mins
Trisha W's Note:
This is a very tasty pot pie made with a rich white sauce that includes chicken broth and Italian spices. There are none of the peas that are often in pot pies, but lots of chicken and potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole chicken, cooked in boiling salted water and deboned
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1/2 cup carrot, diced
- 2 cups white potatoes, diced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- puff pastry sheet, to top casserole dish
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- 2Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes.
- 3Pour in the chicken broth slowly, stirring until smooth and simmering.
- 4Pour in the half and half slowly, stirring until smooth and simmering.
- 5Add the Italian seasoning, garlic, onions, celery, and carrots, and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- 6Add the potatoes, chicken, salt and pepper and simmer another 5-10 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- 7Pour into a greased medium size casserole dish.
- 8Cover the dish with the puff pastry, lightly sealing the edges, and brush the top with a mixture of the egg and teaspoon of water.
- 9Bake in preheated oven at 400 degrees about 20 minutes, until the pastry is golden and puffy.
- 10Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Italian Chicken Puff Pie
Serving Size: 1 (400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 798.9
- Calories from Fat 514
- Total Fat 57.1 g
- Saturated Fat 23.2 g
- Cholesterol 253.4 mg
- Sodium 876.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 45.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: