Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Use your own Italian Salad Dressing in this super easy recipe to control sodium content.
Make and share this Creamy Italian Chicken for Crock Pot recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese with chives, softened
- 10 ounces condensed golden cream of mushroom soup
- 2⁄3 ounce Italian salad dressing mix or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons homemade Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Cut chicken breasts into strips and place into a 3-4 quart crock pot. In a medium bowl, combine melted butter, softened cream cheese, soup, Italian dressing mix and water and stir until blended. Pour over chicken in crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Stir well, then serve over hot cooked pasta or rice.
- You could add vegetables to this recipe to make it a one-dish meal. A package of baby carrots, or a cup of chopped onion should be placed under the chicken and cooked for the full time. Add sliced mushrooms to the crock pot in the last 2 hours. And add sliced bell peppers or zucchini during the last hour of cooking.