Recipe by Dib's
Easy to make, Wonderful to eat!
Top Review by flower7
This is excellent! The sauce is especially outstanding. I made slight changes, one due to what was available at the local store. I couldn't find a 1 oz pkg dressing mix so used two 0.6 oz pkgs (Zesty variety). Instead of water I used a dry Riesling and added a couple extra Tbsp since I had a little more dressing mix. I used low fat cream cheese and threw in about 90g sun dried tomatoes with the mushrooms. Just realized I forgot the parmesan but I didn't especially miss it. Thanks for the recipe! This will be made again for sure.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄4 lb cremini mushroom, halved
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken breasts and mushrooms in crock pot.
- Mix together the Italian Salad Dressing mix and water.
- Pour over chicken and cover crock pot.
- Cook on low for 3 hours.
- Meanwhile set out cream cheese-I like to cube it while it's cold.
- When 3 hours is up, remove chicken and mushrooms with a slotted spoon.
- Whisk the cream cheese with the liquid in crock pot.
- When well incorporated, return chicken and mushrooms to crock pot and cover.
- Cook for 1 1/2 hours on low.
- Plate and shred fresh Parmesan to taste.