Recipe by NoCookDonna
There are many Creamy Chicken Casseroles, but I do believe this one is just a tad bit different. This was adapted from a recipe received from All Recipes which was submitted by Blondeprincess. I have adapted this recipe for my family's own tastes. It is very creamy and to us, very good. We served this with salad and garlic breadsticks. This can also be served over rice if preferred.
Top Review by Lvs2Cook
This casserole was very good but I had real problems with the cooking time. I originally put it in for 40 minutes and when I checked on the chicken, they were still raw on the outside. ended up cooking it for about 65 minutes ~ I also moved the chicken to the top instead of under the sauce before putting back in the oven. As I said the flavor was very good and the chicken was very moist but the rest of my dinner was done well before the chicken. I did add fresh mushrooms instead of canned and served over rice with asparagus on the side. I'm sure I'll make this recipe again but I will put in the oven much earlier. Thanks for posting!
- 304.75 g can cream of chicken soup
- 304.75 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 118.29 ml half-and-half
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 226.79 g package Italian cheese blend, shredded
- 4 (453.59 g) can mushroom pieces, drained
- 236.59 ml green onion, chopped (using some of the green)
- 283.49 g package rigatoni pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Oven to 375 deg.F. Spray 11x15 Baking Dish with Cooking Spray.
- In a bowl, mix soups with half and half. Arrange chicken breast halves in the baking dish. Top each breast with handful of cheese. Pour Soup Mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with mushrooms and chopped green onions.
- Bake 30 minutes in the pre-heated ove, or until sauce is bubblie and chicken juices run clear.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted, oiled water to a boil. Add Pasta and cook for 8 - 10 minutes, just till al dente, drain. Serve chicken and mushroom sauce over the cooked pasta.