Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
When I first made this, I thought it sounded pretty...not good. But it was amazing! I make this for potlucks or for something easy and tasty when company comes over. It's great with rice! Make it easy in a crock pot or oven. Enjoy!
- 4 -5 chicken breasts
- 1 (1 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix (dry- if you like more flavor, add more)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream soup (your choice, I always use cream of mushroom. my mother uses cream of chicken.)
- In a crock pot: put 1/4 water in the bottom of the crock pot and add chicken. My mom puts some of the dressing mix on the chicken, I don't. Cook on low for 2-3 hours, covered. Mix the soup and cream cheese together, along with the all (or the rest) of the Italian dressing mix. Cover it and cook for another 2-3 hours. Serve with rice or noodles, my family loves peas with it.
- In the oven: preheat oven to low temp (200-250) and follow the same directions.