Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe from Campbell's Kitchen. Potatoes, celery and green onions simmer to tenderness in chicken broth, and are blended together with milk to create a rich and creamy soup.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 3⁄4 cups Swanson chicken broth (regular, Natural Goodness or Certified Organic)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick (about 1 lb.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- Heat butter in saucepan. Add onions and celery and cook until tender.
- Add broth, black pepper and potatoes. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 15 minute or until potatoes are tender.
- Place half the broth mixture and half the milk in blender or food processor. Cover and blend until smooth. Repeat with remaining broth mixture and remaining milk. Return to saucepan. Heat through.
Easy and delicious! I made a huge pot for a birthday party in March. Enough to feed 40 people. It was a great success! Everyone loved it!