Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have been surviving on soups for two weeks following oral surgery. I made this today (3-13-06) just as soon as it arrived online from Campbell's Kitchen. Easy to make, and even easier to "chew." A very nice, creamy texture, and very flavorful.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch (about 1 lb.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- Heat butter in saucepan. Add onions and celery and cook until tender.
- Add broth, black pepper and potatoes. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 15 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Place half the broth mixture and half the milk in blender or food processor. Cover and blend until smooth. Repeat with remaining broth mixture and milk. Return to saucepan. Heat through.
The flavor is great considering it is one of the simplest potato soups I've made. I added a little sour cream(1/4 cup)to intensify the flavor. Not too heavy like lots of other potato soups. Thanks Big Bill...a definite keeper. Lee