Recipe by yousey
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. Growing up on a dairy farm in Western New York, we always had fresh beef, dairy products and a garden to feed the entire neighborhood. Ice cream in our burgers? Why not? My brother put maple syrup in his milk. Yummy!
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- 2 lbs fresh 90% lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup roasted sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup perry's vanilla ice cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices monterey jack cheese
- 6 slices tomatoes
- 1 cup pesto sauce, with
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 cup perry's vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together all ingredients and form into patties.
- (except cheese,tomatoes and spinach).
- Line grill with Reynolds wrap. Poke holes, lay burgers on foil. Make a thumb print in the middle of each burger and fill with ice cream. Baste while grilling.
- Grill until cooked through.
- Time to build your perfect ice cream burger.
- Select an onion roll. Brush ice cream on halves, grilled until toasted.
- Baste burgers with the pesto, rosemary ice cream sauce. Pile high with fresh spinach, roasted red sweet peppers, grilled red onion, tomato, and a slab of cheese.