Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Lots of recipes for hummus, but if you like one that is light and airy-not dense and pastey this by far is the best one I've tried. I believe that I got it from Cooking Light magazine. My kids gobble it up.
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup tahini
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (19 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- Place first 3 ingredients in food processor; process until smooth.
- Add juice and remaining ingredients; process until smooth, scraping sides occasionally.
- *Welike to sprinkle paprika and a little olive oil over top.