Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Entry in RSC #9
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk (NOT coconut cream Concentrate)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped quality white chocolate
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 ounce Grand Marnier (to taste)
- whipped cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pour coconut milk into sauce pan.
- Add regular milk, brown sugar.
- Heat till hot.
- Add chopped white chocolate.
- Stir until all is smooth and creamy and hot.
- Pour into mugs.
- Add Grand Marnier to taste.
- Dollop with whipped cream and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
I'm in love with this drink (and yes, it really is "deluxe" -- so rich and decadent, but worth it!)!! I scaled this in half, and am glad I did... it's so good I would have wanted to drink the both servings myself. ;) I trimmed calories and fat by using *light* coconut milk and plain rice milk; the texture and taste were still quite creamy and full. I skipped the Grand Marnier, and instead of cinnamon sprinkled the whipped cream with a dusting of cocoa. Heaven!!! Thank you for this wonderful dessert-in-a-glass that I know I will make again!
oooooh baby that is sweet. I have no idea about how to make this less sweet... I didn't use the Grand Marnier, but otherwise made as directed. Would definately say to get rid of the brown sugar, though I think it gives it a creaminess. Wow, don't know. Delicious, and definately worth trying... There is just that sweetness problem.
I would love to try this recipe, but just wondering if I can subtitute fruits with the chololates.