Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This delicious hot drink warms me up on a winter day. I use sugar-free cocoa mix and fat-free half and half when I want to limit the calories.
- 2 (1 ounce) envelopesinstant powdered cocoa mix
- 3 cups hot brewed coffee
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 3⁄4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄4 cup whipped topping
- ground cinnamon (optional)
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the cocoa mix, coffee, cream and rum extract until cocoa is dissolved.
- Heat through.
- Top each serving with whipped topping and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
Thank you so much for sharing this recipe Chris. It was so delicious, I really enjoyed this thick, creamy, flavorful treat. I will be making this recipe again and again.
A nice warmer-upper drink. I did the sugar-free, fat-free version and topped with sugar-free Cool Whip. The addition of the rum extract gives it a nice flavor. Made for Winter 2010 Comfort Cafe game.
It has been like fall here the last few days in Colorado. So, I was looking for something quick and warm to drink. This quick recipe did the trick. Made as written. Thanks Chris from Kansas. Bullwinkle.