Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
This makes a delicious healthy breakfast. You'll think that you are eating dessert. Recipe is from Hungry Girl.
- 1 cup peeled apple, chunks (any sweet, not tart, variety)
- 1 Nature Valley maple brown sugar crunchy granola bar (half a 2-bar package)
- 2 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons jell-o fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash salt
- Place sweetener, pudding mix, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt in a microwave-safe medium-large bowl.
- Add 1/3 cup of cold water, and stir until blended. Place apple chunks in the bowl, and toss them in the liquid mixture.
- Cover the dish and microwave for 2 1/2 minutes.
- Allow it to thicken and cool for a few minutes before removing it from the microwave.
- Meanwhile, place the granola bar in a sealable plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin or can, until you have small crumbly pieces.
- Once apple mixture is cool enough to handle, stir in the granola pieces, and then devour immediately!
We really enjoyed this! My apple was huge and I was able to double the recipe and share.Thanks for posting. Made for PRMR Tag.
Pretty yummy and easy to whip up - great dessert or to serve at brunch. I actulaa stirred the granola through the apple mix and added sultanas too . Made and enjoyed for ZWT 4
This makes a tasty, healthy and filling breakfast. It was simple to make and really hit the spot.