1/2 Photos of Creamy Hot Apples With Brown Sugar Crunch
This makes a delicious healthy breakfast. You'll think that you are eating dessert. Recipe is from Hungry Girl.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup peeled apple, chunks (any sweet, not tart, variety)
- 1 Nature Valley maple brown sugar crunchy granola bar (half a 2-bar package)
- 2 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 1/2 teaspoons jell-o fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash salt
- 1Place sweetener, pudding mix, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt in a microwave-safe medium-large bowl.
- 2Add 1/3 cup of cold water, and stir until blended. Place apple chunks in the bowl, and toss them in the liquid mixture.
- 3Cover the dish and microwave for 2 1/2 minutes.
- 4Allow it to thicken and cool for a few minutes before removing it from the microwave.
- 5Meanwhile, place the granola bar in a sealable plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin or can, until you have small crumbly pieces.
- 6Once apple mixture is cool enough to handle, stir in the granola pieces, and then devour immediately!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Hot Apples With Brown Sugar Crunch
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.8
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 156.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Nature Valley maple brown sugar crunchy granola bars
fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix