Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is by Mark Bittman. From Scandinavia.
Make and share this Creamy Horseradish Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated horseradish (or prepared horseradish to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- Beat the sour cream lightly with a whisk to thin a bit.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Refrigerate for up to one day.
Divine sauce. I used a 1/2 cup of sour cream, and all the horseradish, mustard and vinegar. This is an excellent accompaniment to Smorgasbord or Smorrebrod (Denmark) and Onion and Herring Sandwich - Smorrebrod.
I served this with a prime rib I made for our Easter dinner. The sauce was a great addition to our meal. As others have suggested I added and extra tablespoon of horseradish to add more zip. Thank you for sharing your recipe!
I used three tablespoons of prepared horseradish and still thought it was pretty mild. I served it with prime rib for Easter dinner and most everyone agreed, it was very good.