Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Goes beautifully with the Beef Wellington and the Beef Brisket recipes.
- 2 lbs potatoes, we keep the skins on (Yukon Gold, red or Russet varieties work well)
- 1 cup milk, warm
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons horseradish
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Warm the milk and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until the butter melts and set aside.
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan with cold water to cover. Bring to a boil, then add 1 teaspoon of salt. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until the potatoes are very tender. Drain, and then pass the potatoes through a food mill or a ricer into a large mixing bowl (alternatively, you can use a potato masher or large fork). Stir in the warm milk and butter mixture until it is absorbed and the mixture is smooth. Add the 3 tablespoons of horseradish, season with salt and pepper and combine well.
- Serve hot.
I really enjoyed the horseradish flavor to these however we did feel they needed more butter.