Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Yummy comfort food and super easy to put together! Mix up using just one bowl. Uses frozen hash browns, cubed chicken or ham (or a combination of both), and gets a little tang from honey mustard. The honey mustard is very subtle in this recipe, so sometimes I like to add a little more than what the recipe calls for.
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup honey mustard
- 1 (26 ounce) package frozen shredded hash browns
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken or 4 cups cooked ham
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the soups, mayonnaise, milk and honey mustard.
- Stir in the hash browns, chicken or ham and mushrooms. Transfer mixture to a greased 13x9x2 baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 15-20 minutes longer or until bubbly.
- Turn on the broiler for 2-3 minutes to brown the top if desired.
We love this recipe! I make a couple of minor changes. We select the ham because it goes so well with the honey mustard. My changes are to use cream of celery soup instead of chicken and I add some garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt, and pepper.
I wanted to like this dish. I was trying to use up items in my kitchen, and this had all the right ingredients. This dish was kind of bland and only so so. Won't be making this again.