Recipe by LizardMC
Extremely simple but delicious way to liven up regular corn. Always a big hit at our holiday gatherings.
Top Review by Trisha W
This was a very enjoyable recipe and easy to make. I was a little skeptical about how cream cheese would melt - but I used the low temp and it worked like a charm. The recipe was not clear about how much cream cheese to use. I decided after looking at the corn that you must have intended the smaller size. As I halved the recipe I used 2 oz. of cream cheese for 1 can of corn. It was perfect. I did add the pimentos also, and they added a lovely splash of color as well as flavor. I know both the guys in my family will want this to made again!
- 2 (14 ounce) cans corn (not creamed corn)
- 1 package cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons red pimientos (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain liquid from corn, set liquid aside.
- Place corn and cream cheese in a pan over medium-low heat.
- Cook until cream cheese is melted, stirring frequently.
- Do not let cream cheese burn.
- If mixture seems clumpy, add some of the corn juice back into the mixture.
- Stir in pimentos until they are heated.
- Serve as desired.