Recipe by conniecooks
This is very good nice week day main course. It is easy to double.
Top Review by sugar momma
Yummo!! Next time, and there will be a next time I am going to double the sauce and serve it over mashed potatoes. This would be good made with chicken also. Oh yeah I used dried herbs for this about a heaping teaspoon of each. Thanks for the great recipe.
- 4 pork chops
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown chops.
- Reduce heat & cover.
- Cook for 15 Minutes.
- Remove to platter.
- Pour off excess fat.
- Add butter & oil.
- Saute onion and garlic 2- 3 minutes
- Add flour cook a minute or two.
- Add milk, cook and stir till thickened.
- Add herbs, nutmeg, salt & pepper.
- Pour over pork chops.