Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
The sauce in this salad is like a creamy pesto sauce.
- 1 (12 ounce) packageshort pasta (e.g. penne)
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chicken or 1⁄3 cup vegetable stock
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Cook pasta and drain.
- Rinse with cold water.
- Put in a large bowl.
- Put basil, parsley, and Parmesan cheese in food processor.
- Chop finely.
- Add cottage cheese, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, pepper and stock to the food processor.
- Puree until the mixture is smooth.
- Add chopped pepper and onions to the pasta.
- Pour the sauce over and mix together.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.