Recipe by I'mPat
Doing a clean out and came across some old recipe cards so keeping and posting recipes that interest me or think others maybe interest in, then they go to the op shop in their box. Times are estimated.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
Delicious meal. I love that it is a complete meal in one, too! I really loved the creamy aspect of the recipe, which was perfect served over rice. I just love when a simple recipe is also fufilling and tasty. Thank you for posting this winner! Made for Please Review My Recipe in the Cooking Games with Friends forum.
- 1 liter chicken stock (salt reduced)
- 1 1⁄4 cups long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 500 g chicken breast fillets (cut into thin strips)
- 200 g button mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 onion (medium, sliced)
- 1 teaspoon thyme (dried)
- 1 tablespoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 200 g green beans (halved)
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 1 1/2 cups (625ml) stock in a saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil, stir in the rice, cover reduce heat to low and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until rice is tender and stock has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a large frying pan and add chicken and cook, in batches and cook for 5 minutes or until golden, remove and set aside.
- Add mushrooms, onion, thyme and 1/2 cup (125ml) stock and cook for 5 minutes, stirring until vegetable soften, remove and set to one side.
- In a bowl or jug, combine cornflour with remaining stock until evenly mixed and pour into the frying pan and stir the mushrooms and beans back in and bring to the boil, stirring constrantly and then reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occassionally until beans are tender and then return chicken to the frying pan and stir in the sour cream and cook until heated through.
- Serve over the rice.