1/4 Photos of Creamy Herbed Chicken and Mushrooms With Rice
Doing a clean out and came across some old recipe cards so keeping and posting recipes that interest me or think others maybe interest in, then they go to the op shop in their box. Times are estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place 1 1/2 cups (625ml) stock in a saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil, stir in the rice, cover reduce heat to low and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until rice is tender and stock has been absorbed.
- 2Meanwhile heat oil in a large frying pan and add chicken and cook, in batches and cook for 5 minutes or until golden, remove and set aside.
- 3Add mushrooms, onion, thyme and 1/2 cup (125ml) stock and cook for 5 minutes, stirring until vegetable soften, remove and set to one side.
- 4In a bowl or jug, combine cornflour with remaining stock until evenly mixed and pour into the frying pan and stir the mushrooms and beans back in and bring to the boil, stirring constrantly and then reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occassionally until beans are tender and then return chicken to the frying pan and stir in the sour cream and cook until heated through.
- 5Serve over the rice.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Herbed Chicken and Mushrooms With Rice
Serving Size: 1 (573 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 552.7
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 97.5 mg
- Sodium 531.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 39.8 g