Recipe by Kelly M.
Easy, fast, creamy cheese tortellini! With butter and creme fraiche, it's gotta be good! Throw in some fresh herbs and garlic and it's done. Serve this as a side dish to any meat entree, or if you don't want to share, make it your meal and eat it all yourself! You can use frozen tortellini, but the fresh pasta is so good
Top Review by SarasotaCook
I had a hard time reviewing this. I love tortellini, and I do use cheese tortellini quite often in recipes. There are some quality brands available these days. I happen to use a 3 cheese which is what was available. It definitely needed more garlic and more green onions for me. It was quite bland. Also more pepper was a must. And the sauce was way too thick and not enough. I added some milk to slightly thin and a little more creme fraiche which heled. It was good, but basically boring for me. I am so sorry, it is a good concept. But I feel like the addition of some scallions and maybe red pepper or other vegetables, mushrooms something sauteed first and then added to the sauce and tossed with the ravioli might help. It was just to much of a rich "bland" sauce for me. The lady who I cooked it for ate it, but was also didn't enjoy it and neither did my son. I think it has promise, but the recipe needs to be a bit lighter and maybe some veggie can do that. Sorry
- 1 (9 ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, finely chopped, green parts only
- 1 large garlic clove, mnced
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- While the tortellini is boiling, heat the butter in a small skillet over medium low heat. When butter is almost fully melted, add the herbs, onion and garlic.
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. You don't want it to sizzle, you are just warming them in the butter, so the low heat is important.
- Put the creme fraiche in a serving bowl large enough to hold the tortellini. Add the warm butter herb mixture and stir to combine - it doesn't have to be stirred to a smooth consistency, the hot pasta will take care of that.
- Drain the pasta and add to the serving bowl, mixing well to coat pasta. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.