Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
Nice and rich...great for company or a holiday sidedish
Top Review by I'mPat
A good basic mash with a little something extra, scaled back a little and my measurements may have not have been spot on (and :oops: as I am reviewing just realized I forgot the garlic - so sorry), don't think I used the best of potatoes (they were home grown and given to us and don't know type) but they were a bit gluie which makes me think it was the type of potatoe which didn't lend itself best to mashing. Thank you Chef Buggsy Mate - a recipe a will give another go with potatoes I know and REMEMBER THE GARLIC (though will use roasted - not keen on raw in dishes), made for Potluck Tag.
- 5 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup snipped chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes and garlic in a large pot and civer with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes until potatoes are very tender.
- Drain well.
- Return potatoes to pot and add the cream cheese, half n' half, butter, salt, pepper and dill.
- Mash and whip until smooth and creamy.
- Stirr in snipped chives.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with paprika.