Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Tasty chicken dish that tastes great as leftovers as well. Low fat.
Make and share this Creamy herb Dijon chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 minced shallot (, can substitute sweet onions, like vidalias)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Mix apple juice, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, shallot (or onion) and spices in a bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken breasts to the skillet and cook until each side is lightly browned, about 2 or 3 minutes a side.
- Add juice/mustard/herb mixture to the skillet and simmer on medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink inside and the chicken juices run clear.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and keep warm.
- Simmer the remaining liquid for 3 minutes until reduced in volume by about 1/4.
- While simmering the liquid, mix the sour cream, honey and cornstarch together in a small bowl.
- Add the sour cream mixture to the skillet and cook until the sauce is thick and bubbly.
- Pour the sauce over the warm chicken and serve.
- Excellent with rice or boiled potatoes and green beans.
Too many herbs!
I liked the hint of Dijon in this recipe. No black pepper is needed at all in this recipe. I added some extra to a piece of mine and wish I had not. I will make this one again, thank you for posting. I made this for the Spring PAC 2007 game.