1/2 Photos of Creamy Herb Chicken Tortellini (Or Shrimp/Scallops, or Meatless)
LUv 2 BaKE's Note:
A flavourful cream cheese dip based sauce encasing plump cheese tortellini and a mixture of fresh vegetables. The original recipe called for chicken, but we have substituted shrimp and scallops many times, which makes it just as good. You may also omit the chicken/seafood to make it part of a vegetarian meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken, thinly sliced (OR bay scallops and cooked shrimp)
- 227 g cream cheese with garlic and herbs (I use Philadelphia Dips)
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 -1 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups sliced vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, mushrooms, peppers, beans, corn...)
- 400 g fresh cheese-filled tortellini
- 1In a small bowl, blend herb and garlic dip, milk, and seasonings until smooth.
- 2In a medium/large pot cook tortellini according to directions.
- 3If using Chicken: In a skillet on Medium-High, add oil, chicken slices and garlic; stir fry for 5 minutes.
- 4If using Shrimp/Scallops: In a skillet on Medium-High, add oil and scallops; cook until done; remove from skillet, drain excess water, set aside; Add shrimp, garlic and vegetables (re-add the scallops in step 6).
- 5For both variations: Now add vegetables; stir fry until tender (and chicken is done).
- 6Reduce to low heat, stir in cooked tortellini and dip mixture.
- 7Heat through.
- 8Serves 5-6.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Herb Chicken Tortellini (Or Shrimp/Scallops, or Meatless)
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.5
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 86.6 mg
- Sodium 341.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 32.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cream cheese with garlic and herbs