1/1 Photo of Creamy Herb and Garlic Chicken over Gnocchi
The Flying Chef's Note:
This is a very quick and easy recipe to throw together, it tastes great and makes for a wonderful after work dinner or great mid week meal when you want no fuss. You can make your own gnocchi if you prefer, but for quickness of this recipe I used fresh store bought gnocchi, you can find this in the fresh pasta section of most supermarkets. For those of you who have never eaten gnocchi before or do not know what it is, a quick explanation is basically Italian dumplings, made from either potato, semolina or flour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 -1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, combined with
- 1 -1 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley, to sprinkle over breasts
- 800 g gnocchi
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 300 ml cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1Sprinkle combined garlic and parsley on both sides of all the breasts. Heat some olive oil in a large frying pan and cook chicken, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- 2Meanwhile pour some water in a pan add a little olive oil and bring to the boil.
- 3While you are waiting for the water to boil, add a little oil to another saucepan, add garlic, cook, stirring, about 1 minute, Add wine to pan, to deglaze, evaporate all liquid, add lemon juice and the stock, stir.
- 4Pour cream in and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, simmer uncovered, about 5 Min's until sauce thickens slightly. (If you want it thicker just add a little cornstarch I prefer a more thin sauce when it is more like a pasta dish.) Stir in oregano, keep warm over a low heat while you cook the gnocchi.
- 5Once the water is boiling add gnocchi and cook as per packet instructions, mine was only 3 minutes; drain.
- 6While gnocchi is cooking remove breasts from pan, cut chicken into slices.
- 7To Serve: Divide gnocchi among serving plates, top with sliced chicken, drizzle with sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Herb and Garlic Chicken over Gnocchi
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 488.3
- Calories from Fat 334
- Total Fat 37.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 177.8 mg
- Sodium 407.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 32.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: